What's so Great about the Linen Apron?
Traditionally, aprons have been made from cotton and/or polyester. However, the linen apron might just be the versatile garment you've been looking for - and here's why.
- Strength and durability. Linen is made from flax, a plant with extremely tough fibres. Accordingly, linen aprons are extremely durable and can withstand different environments - kitchens, workshops, etc. - with ease. Linen even transforms with age, becoming even more supple and touchable. The colour will also fade with vintage elegance, which is extremely rare among fabrics. In these days of fast fashion, where clothes end up as rags after a few washes, linen's ability to last for years is a breath of fresh air.
- Sustainability. Accordingly, linen aprons can last for a surprising amount of time without experiencing any of the typical wear and tear you might expect from flimsier fabrics. Once you've got a linen apron, you can consider it your long-term companion in the kitchen, workshop, studio, class, etc.
- Breathability. Now, you may assume that because women's linen is strong and durable, it must be like wearing a suit of armour - but luckily, that isn't the case at all. Due to the porous nature of their fibres, linen aprons are refreshingly airy, wicking away and absorbing excess moisture. For activities that involve spills or splashes, a linen apron is an ideal choice, especually when paired with linen pants.
- Practicality. Our linen apron include a handily-sized pocket at the front to stow objects and relieve neck strain.
- Style - Now, obviously, comfort is king, but a little style never went amiss either. Our linen aprons in Canada are designed to elegantly complement the figure of its wearer. Tie it around your waist, leave it loose; it doesn't matter...linen never goes out of style, and a linen apron has a timeless charm. Read More
Finding an Ethical, Stylish Linen Apron in Canada is Easier than You Think
Linen, by nature, is an ethical fabric. The flax plant uses minimal water and pesticides in comparison to other fabrics, such as cotton.
Unfortunately, it's been known that some slow fashion houses use cheap, imported fabrics, linen being a prime contender. But that could never be Cedar & Vine... we're proud to use real, high-quality linen that our customers love.
Our operations all take place under one roof in our studio, minimising air mileage. We're proud to be a transparent, female-led organisation that puts the needs of our customers first. If you feel like you could live in our Canadian linen jumpsuit , then we know we've done a good job.
Our linen aprons, even if they're just hanging on the wall, are a guaranteed source of compliments. But not just compliments about how it looks - linen is a conscious fabric that demonstrates solid, down-to-earth values.
Do You Have Any Questions About Our Linen Aprons?
We welcome questions and comments...if you'd like to learn more about our products including linen duvet covers in queen sizing, please get in touch.
Otherwise, we hope you enjoy - reach out on our socials and let us know what you think! Read Less